Friday, July 11, 2008

HoMe

I was missing home desperately and when a sudden two week break sprung upon us we decided to pack up the car and take a road trip home. After I took my pathophysiology test we began our 23 hour trek to Utah. With no kids, the night owl Jeff, and early riser me, we made it with minimal stops to gas up and grab some grub. We listened to Twilight and talked and talked. I would drive a couple hours before it got dark and Jeff would take a nap. He is such a trooper to drive through the night, and when the sun started to come up he would wake me up to finish.
Here we are at one of our gas stops. "Boog" our greenish bluish Toyota was getting awesome gas mileage 36-40 mpg!
St. Louis was a scary drive, we thought a tornado was going to hit.
We saw so many windmills I think they are somewhere in the middle of Nebraska???


Once we were home we rested up and played with our families. My family was pretty chill as usual and we spent time geocaching, at the lake, bowling, swimming, watching movies, golfing and shopping. Jeff's family had their annual family reunion. We had a blast hanging up in the cool canyon and playing with all the nieces and nephews. Jeff had only one disappointment, POISON IVY! I would feel bad, but the boys went golf ball hunting down the creek with shorts on...Silly boys. However they did find over 600 balls. Jeff says it was totally worth the poison ivy, which has still failed to disappear. Unfortunately, all the picture taking was on my parents camera and I have not yet got the email with them. Here are a few I stole of my aunts blog. Thanks Brand!

Jeff, Mason (my cousin) and I. We had a fun afternoon swimming with the family!

The BOYS! Trace(left), Chad my sisters BF(climbing out) and my youngest bro Burke(right)

I just love Mason! He is a little fishy!

I ALMOST FORGOT.... we had a near death experience on the Fourth of July. We were driving back to Louisville, almost to Iowa and I was the lucky driver. It was dusk so my driving time was about up when we came over a hill and a deer was in the middle of the highway. I swerved to the right and thought I had dodged it, but then it ran towards the car and I have no idea how it did not hit us. Jeff was sleeping until my screaming and swerving came. His eyes were so big when he darted up:) He just kept telling me "you did so good, you didn't over correct." I was so uptight and my hands were sore from gripping the wheel so hard. Luckily we made it safe and so did "Boog."

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I am so glad you didn't hit that deer! I hadn't heard about that story. Good driving, Mimi. I have a few more cute pics of you and Jeff from the pool that day. I'll resize them and email them to you. I didn't realize your pictures are with your Mom.
We loved having you home. We miss you always! Thanks again for letting us share some time with you and Jeff. I just loved it!

Brandy said...

And being your silly aunt, I had to read your post title wrong. I read 'Ho Me' not 'home'. You, my dear, are anything but that! Ha

Ryan and Ashley said...

How scary!!! I would have freaked out and started cryig and screaming and you are so lucky! I am glad you guys are safe and had fun with the fam. What a fun experience!