Thursday, January 8, 2009

BabY, BirThdAY, and VAcaTIoN

Here is one of the ultrasound pictures from when we found out our baby is a girl. I was sad they did not do any 3D pictures and these ones were not quite as clear as the first images. She (still does not have a name) is kicking me plenty and keeping up at night. Jeff has been able to feel her almost as long as I have and he knows that he is very lucky! All of my sibling got to feel her while we were home too, they are all very excited. My parents, especially my mom, are very excited. The baby had a bunch of Christmas presents under the tree and she got some cute boots from my sister's boyfriend's mom :) I think she may be a little spoiled already. For the flight home, half of Jeff's suitcase was full of baby clothes.

My mother-in-law, Glenys, gave me a shower while we were home, which was fun and helpful. I got lots of gift cards and money because of the cost of luggage. I am so excited to go spend some of it on cute bedding and a new car seat! Thanks so much to the Perrero family for such a wonderful shower!


Happy 26th Birthday to Jeff! During our holiday vacation Jeff had a birthday and got two golfing gifts. His family gave him a Sonocaddie, which is a GPS thing for golf courses and my family gave him a new putter he has been wanting. All of the boys got excited about golf and made a mini course in my parents basement. The picture from left to right: Chad (my sister's boyfriend), Jeff, Chance (on the ground), Trace, and Burke. What a handsome bunch of guys!



Jeff also decided to let his beard grow out over the break. I really did not like it! Regretfully, he shaved it one day and still complains that he didn't keep it longer..
Before we left we had our Christmas lights up and Jeff worked extra hard on them this year. I really wanted green lights in our tree and I wanted it to look like a tree on temple square:) He didn't get it perfect, but I guess I'll take it.. Sorry about the bad picture, wish we would have had the new camera then.


One of our main Christmas gifts this year was a new camera! I was getting worried our little point and shoot just was not going to be acceptable once the baby arrives so we have upgraded. I love it! I have not had a chance to play with it to much yet, but it takes great pictures and had really cool effects.
Here is the before and after of a red eye fix that it does automatically. Thanks Sherstine for our model!




Coming back to Kentucky was hard on both Jeff and I this winter. With so much changing in our lives we did not want to go back to school! Luckily, my semester is beginning smoothly and I had a very light week. Just enough time to start cleaning out the extra room and packing away things to the basement! I am so excited to put the baby room together and will keep you posted on it's progress!


Here is the bedding I am hoping to win on ebay!





4 comments:

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

Yea! for updates. You guys seem so happy and I couldn't be happier for you. It's always hard to get back to real life after a break. School just started yesterday and I've yawned 20 times more today than usual! It happens. Wish we could've seen you over the break.

Reimschiissels said...

Hey Mandi, a picture of the cute pregnant girl probably wouldn't hurt..... I am so excited for you two and love hearing how things are. Call me when you are over here sometime and we'll get together for old times sake.

Melissa said...

cute bedding. did ya win it?

Mandi and Jeff said...

I did win the bedding and I got it today...it is super cute!