Sunday, April 27, 2008

RUNNING!



After four months of training the MINI MARATHON is done! It was such an amazing feeling to cross the finish line. I never thought I would be able to run that far because in high school I could barely squeeze out a mile. I finished in 2 hours and 9 minutes, running just under 10 minute miles. I was sure that my hard training would make the 13.2 mile journey easy, but I was wrong. My body was exhausted and 1 1/2 days later I am feeling it! My body aches everywhere. The weird thing is my upper back and shoulders are the worst. (I thought my legs would be the most sore. :)

My friend Brittney from nursing school ran with me and helped push me to finish. I am so grateful I have her to help me during these nursing school years. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father knew I needed a good friend. I don't know what school and life would be like without her.

Jeff, Summer, Baby Taylor, and Porter (Brittney's boyfriend) were all there to support us. It was so nice for them all to be there for us. Thanks guys!

I feel like I can do anything I really want to do, and I am so happy to be done training at least for a little while :)

4 comments:

Whit said...

Mandi I am so proud of you! that is awesome. I would love to do that one day but there is no way i could. Good job hun. Love ya keep in touch

Ryan and Ashley said...

Mandi--You are amazing! 2 hours and 9 minutes!!! That is so great. Now that one is done, I want to run more and more races!

Perrero Clan said...

Great Job Mandi! I am so impressed and it is so admirable that you did that! It totally makes me want to do it, but I can't imagine running for 2 plus hours straight. UGGGHHH! Great accomplishment though!

Melissa said...

Wow Mandi! That's awesome! You know that Meagan Church and I go running... only our running is more like speed walking, and we end up talking way too much. But you should come with us sometime!